Gamblers Club Etiquette
- Arrive on-time and ready for class.
- No shoes on the mats. Please wear shoes if you step outside or use the restroom to avoid bringing dirt and bacteria onto our training surface.
- Leave your EGO at the door.
- Bow toward the mats when you step on and off the mats as a sign of respect.
- Pay attention and don’t talk when the instructor is showing a technique.
- No shouting or inappropriate language inside the club.
- Maintain clean hygiene. (cut finger/toe nails, use deodorant and wash your uniforms.)
- Ask the instructor to get water or use the restroom.
- Please put your cell phones on silent to avoid disruptions.
- Inform your instructor of injuries or limitations.
Drilling, Sparring or “Rolling” Rules
- Respect the hierarchy of the belt system.
- Rely on technique over brute strength.
- Don’t bully or go excessively hard with lower belts.
- If you catch a submission give your partner time to “Tap Out”. If they don’t tap move onto something else to avoid injuring your partners.
- Don’t put your hands or feet on partners face.
- Be aware of those around you. Lower grades always give seniority and move for higher grades.
- Lose your EGO. Everyone gets submitted and gets beat eventually. The sooner you realize this the better.
- While drilling execute the techniques slowly and build up your speed. If it requires the use of strength to complete then you are doing something wrong.
- While your partner is drilling allow them to execute the movements and techniques without resistance.
- Parents are encouraged to drop their children off and pick them up after class.
- Guests who wish to remain in the club must remain quietly seated on the bleachers to avoid disruptions.
- Do not instruct, coach or talk to students during training. Unless you are an experienced Jiu-Jitsu practitioner or instructor you may not see or understand what is going on during training and will only be a disruption to the training or class.
- Men’s and Women’s restroom key is hanging on the door.
- Women’s restroom is located right outside the club by the main entrance.
- Men’s restroom is located across the walkway through right inside the main entrance.
Gamblers Jiu-Jitsu & Kickboxing Club Staff