Facility Rules & Etiquette
- Always be respectful.
- No profanity or foul language in the academy.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Absolutely not coaching your child or other students during class.
- Respect the class and instructors by maintaining a low volume.
- Always introduce yourself to new students or guests.
- No food or drinks on the mat.
- Keep Music & Noise Down During Classes
- Do Not Slam Weights
- Put Your Weights Back When You Are Done
- Wipe Down Equipment After Use
CONDUCT WHILE TRAINING LIVE (ROLLING)
- Always greet your professor or coach before class.
- Be friendly and helpful to new students or beginners in class.
- If you are late to class, wait on the side until given permission to enter the mat.
- Never attend class if you are intoxicated.
- Practice good hygiene. Nails trimmed, showered, deodorant and remove makeup.
- Never attend class if you are sick.
- When the instructor is speaking; listen, observe and learn.
- Drill each technique until the instructor says it’s time to move on. Practice makes perfect.
- Keep talking to a minimum and related to the topic.
- Always flow. Never force.
- New students must get approval from professors before sparring.
- Never intentionally harm or crank on a submission. Give your partner time to tap.
- If you get caught…tap out (physically tap or verbally tap)
- Roll to the level of your partner. If you’re training with a beginner help them out.
- Lower belts must respect higher belts while rolling. If you bump into another group lower belt moves.
- If you don’t want to roll, sit down on the wall and observe.
- All students must have white, blue or black gi with matching jacket and pants.
- Students are responsible for maintaining a clean uniform.
- Students must have Gamblers patch on their gi.
- Rash guard, board shorts/leggings are required for No-Gi classes.